Important Information: Covid-19 Essential Service
As part of the South Australian Emergency Management (COVID-19) (Stay at home) Direction 2020 which came into effect at 12.01am on Thursday 19 2020, KernWi-Fi are continuing to provide essential services to high priority customers.
Essential workers are deemed if they perform work that is essential for the continued operation of an essential infrastructure and essential service (within the meaning of the Essential Services Act 1981).
Telecommunications (internet, VoIP, NBN, fixed wireless) is an essential infrastructure and required to ensure telecommunications and internet connections are operating at sufficient capacity for medical departments, Government agencies, home and business.
While in operation, and in line with current advice from the Australian Government and health authorities, we continue to implement a safety management plan across the business with a focus on a range of specific preventative and proactive measures to ensure our actions and behaviours help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our day to day to operations.
As we understand, information is being updated daily and we are taking every action to keep up-to-date with the latest recommendations and advice from Government.
Impact on current KernWi-Fi Services
We are doing our upmost to continue to provide the level of support we always have, however, in these unprecedented times we appreciate your patience as we work through providing support according to the level of priority (i.e. non-essential support will be given lower priority). Priority will be given to Medical Departments and Government Agencies requiring urgent assistance.
Given the significant increase in the number of people now working from home, KernWi-Fi is already experiencing a significant escalation in the demand for our services to accommodate connection to new ‘home offices’. We continue to assess bandwidth and data requirements for these businesses.
Existing services: As an existing client, you will continue to access our services and support, however, we ask that you please be patient and understand that assistance will be assessed based on the level of priority.
Risk Mitigation Measures
Our greatest priority at this time is to protect the health and wellbeing of our staff and their families and continue to provide a safe environment for our clients, suppliers and contractors. Thus we are taking extra effort to respond responsibly.
While our team is working from home, our technicians who are required to attend your home/business/medical practice will be taking precautionary measures and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Visits will be rescheduled if there are any unwell individuals in your home or business
- We ask that you allow us to observe “social distancing” by keeping a 1.5m buffer between members of your household and our technicians
- Our technicians will wear gloves while in your home or business
- Technicians will wear a facemask while in your home or business, if required
- Our technicians will wipe down any surfaces they are in contact with while in your home or business
We also ask that if a technician is scheduled to attend your home or business that you please notify us prior if:
- You have recently visited, or have been in contact with anyone how has visited, any of the hotspots as listed on the SA Health government website.
- You have returned from anywhere overseas or interstate in the past 14 days
- You have been in contact with someone who has returned from anywhere overseas in the past 14 days
- You are showing any symptoms of COVID-19; or
- You have been confirmed to have COVID-19
We hold our client relationship in the highest regard and are aware these precautionary measures may potentially impact your interaction with us over the coming weeks.
We understand that the community response to the COVID-19 pandemic is forever changing and we will endeavour to keep you updated.
As we work through these adverse and unsettling times, we look forward to strengthening our relationship through innovation and collaboration.
Should you require any clarification of the above, please contact: